Instructions for Artists Selected for the UKCPS 20th Anniversary Gala Exhibition
Please read the following carefully regarding delivery/collection of your work to/from the exhibition, framing and sales of your cards and prints. If you have any queries, please use our contact form. Once you have read and understood these instructions we would appreciate all artists completing the short form indicating how your work will be delivered/collected and the framed size of your picture(s) to enable us to plan accordingly. Thank you for your co-operation.
Delivery and Collection of Work
Please note for delivering/collecting to/from Art Moves of Chelsea the address is:UK Coloured Pencil Society, c/o Art Moves of Chelsea, Chelsea Self Storage, Blantyre Street, London, SW10 0EQ.
Options for delivering artwork:
- You or your agent hand deliver to Bargehouse gallery on 12th October 2021 between 10am and 1pm
- Ship work to Art Moves of Chelsea by post or courier to arrive between 4th-9th October 2021
- Hand deliver to Art Moves of Chelsea Thursday 7th and Saturday 9th October 2021, 12 noon - 3pm
Options for collecting artwork (including unsold Prints and Cards):
- You or your agent collect from Bargehouse gallery on 25th October 2021 between 11am and 4pm
- Collection of work by Art Moves of Chelsea for onward posting by Mail Boxes Etc*
- You, your agent or art courier may collect work from Art Moves of Chelsea Thursday 28th and Saturday 30th October 2021, 12 noon - 3pm
*Mail Boxes Etc - this is a parcel delivery service who will arrange packing (if required) and shipping of your work back to you via courier or post. Details:
Tel: 020 7352 6344
This company offer a nationwide service so you may wish to use them to send your picture to Art Moves of Chelsea - https://www.mbe.co.uk/
We recommend the use of an art courier and click here for a list of companies for your information.
All pictures must be addressed: UK Coloured Pencil Society, c/o Art Moves of Chelsea, Chelsea Self Storage, Blantyre Street, London, SW10 0EQ. Your name and title of the work must be clearly indicated on the outside of any packaging.
The artist is responsible for all charges to/from Art Moves of Chelsea. There will be no charge to you for delivery/collection between Art Moves of Chelsea and the Bargehouse.
Note: if work is not collected from Art Moves of Chelsea by Saturday 30th October 2021 there will be a storage fee of £24, and an additional £12 every week per artwork until collected. Collection from Art Moves of Chelsea, Chelsea Self Storage, Blantyre Street, London, SW10 0EQ after 30th October 2021 will be by appointment only. If the work is not collected by 31st January 2022 then it will be disposed of.
UK Artists - When you or your art courier drop off your artwork, remove all packaging and ensure your picture is correctly labelled stating your name, picture title and price in Pounds Sterling (GBP). The artwork will be blanket wrapped for transport to the gallery.
We have no facility for storing packaging.
Overseas Artists - Please click here for instructions and paperwork required. You will be liable for any import/customs fees and/or taxes. We will accept packaged pictures from overseas artists only which we will retain and pack your pictures ready for collection at the end of the exhibition if required.
One of the above collection/delivery options must be used and please complete the short form - click here - to inform us of your plans.
- Frames must be made of wood or wood composite.
- Preferably in dark wood with a plain moulding - this is not a requirement.
- If glazed, plexiglass is preferable. Glass may be used but not non-reflective as this will obscure your artwork.
- Frames must be fitted with D-rings and pre-strung. The rings should be high enough up to avoid the picture tipping forward but low enough to avoid the hanging cord being visible above the frame. A third of the way down the frame is ideal.
D-rings are NOT the same as mirror plates. Do not use mirror plates as the system for hanging is not compatible and your artwork will be disqualified from the exhibition.
- A label must be attached to the rear of each picture, stating your name, picture title and price in Pounds Sterling (GBP).
The society reserves the right to refuse to accept pictures for hanging if they do not meet the criteria set out here.
We would appreciate details of the framed size of your picture(s) by completing a short form so we can create a hanging plan.
Prints and Cards for Sale
Each artist with a picture in the exhibition may bring along up to THREE prints and up to 50 cards for sale. The Society will pay you for all sales, less 20% commission, within 14 days from the end of the exhibition.
Prints must have a stiff backing cut to the same size as the print and then be wrapped in Cellophane.
Each print must be clearly labelled with your name, picture title and selling price.
Cards must be wrapped in Cellophane and your name and selling price must be clearly visible.
All prints and cards are left at the artist’s own risk.
Unsold cards and prints must be collected at the end of the exhibition.
Would all artists please complete the short form by clicking on the button below to tell us of how you intend to deliver/collect your artwork and dimensions of your framed pictures.