© Tracey Pinnington
I'm an artist based in Hertfordshire and originally spent many years working as a graphic designer only creating art in my spare time, however in July 2003 I made the decision to gave up this career to solely focus on my art. Having trained in the photorealistic style of drawing when I was at college as part of an illustration course, most of the skills I have now are ones which I have gained as I've grown in experience. My pencil portraits and artwork are traditionally hand drawn using the best artist grade coloured pencils and although I don't claim to be a photorealistic artist, my pencil work is highly detailed which helps to bring my subjects to life through capturing as much emotion and character as possible.
When I'm not working with pencils I also love working with Bombay and Acrylic inks, sometimes combining the two mediums together to create bright, vibrant pieces full of energy and liveliness.
The past few years have been an exciting whirlwind, seeing my work published, winning awards, taking part in various exhibitions and gaining collectors worldwide. Many local residents are already familiar with my art and I am fortunate to have regular collectors and a long waiting list for commissioned pieces.
• Strathmore Artist Paper's online competition - 2015
First place in the peoples choice with my boxer dog portrait titled "Rosie"
• Grove Cottages, Animal Magic competition - Sept 2016
First place with "Out of the shadows" (Zebra)
Highly commended with "Fierce Tranquility" (Tiger)
• Light, Space and Time online competition - 2017
Special Merit Award for my zebra portrait "Out of the shadows"
• Light, Space and Time online competition "555 Special Art Exhibition" - July 2018
Special Merit Award for my zebra portrait "Into the light"
• Light, Space and Time online competition "Nature" - Nov 2018
Special Merit Award for my Flamingo portrait "Resplendent"
• Artist's & illustrator's, editor's pick "Portrait" competition - 2018
Runner up with "Quiet repose"
• TAE (Twitter Art Exhibit) - April 2017
"Deja Vu" - fish portrait, postcard size art work auctioned off in support of the charity Molly Olly Wishes
• The Hertford Art Society 65th Open Exhibition - April/May 2017
"Nguvu - Swahili for strength" (Buffalo ink painting)
• Courtyard Arts Open Exhibition - April/May 2017
"Quiet repose" (Portrait of an elderly indian man)
• Solo Exhibition at Ashwell and Barry - Nov 2017
My first solo exhibition for one month, held with thanks to Bishops Stortford Art Society
• The Hertford Art Society Open Exhibition - April/May 2018
"Remembrance" (Poppy ink painting)
"The Watering Hole" (Coloured pencil portrait of an elephant)
"Into The Light" (Coloured pencil portrait of a zebra)
• TAE (Twitter Art Exhibit) - Feb 2019
"Dolly" - Chihuahua portrait, postcard size art work auctioned off in support of Art In Healthcare